04 November 2008

Geography/World History 101

I'm sure Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland might have a thing or two to say about the labeling of this flag.International flags, labeled by country name, hanging from the ceiling at Hyattsville Middle School
I saw this last year when voting in the "cafetorium" at Hyattsville Middle School. The principal was nice enough when I wrote her a short email to bring this error to her attention and to discuss the differences between England and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, but she apparently didn't care enough to fix the problem. Chalk one up for the PG County Schools. Isn't this kind of like labeling the US flag "Virginia?"

While waiting in line to vote this morning, I snapped this picture before being told cameras were not allowed in the polling place.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm sure she loved it when you decided to "discuss" the differences with her. -Kevin